Information in line with Art. 5 of the E-Commerce Act Disclosure in line with Art. 25 of the Media Act
1. Owner and publisher
WGD Donau Oberösterreich Tourismus GmbH
In participation with Verein Werbegemeinschaft Donau Oberösterreich (75%) and Tourismusverband Donau Oberösterreich (25%)
Information in line with E-Commerce Act:
Managing director: Petra Riffert
Representation of interests: Upper Austria Chamber of Commerce
Commercial register market: 164853g; commercial register court: Regional Court Linz
UID-Nr: 438 500 07
Commercial or professional provisions: trade regulations (www.ris.bka.gv.at)
More Informationen www.wko.at
1.1 Photo credits
- Trail #1: Europe à Ars Electronica Center © Linz Tourismus
- Trail #2: Nature à Danube at the Iron Gates © Public Enterprise Djerdap National Park
- Trail #3: Römer à Roman head at Danube loop Schlögen © WGD Donau Oberösterreich Tourismus GmbH-Kaindlstorfer
- Trail #4: Arts, Culture & Architecture à Vasile Alecsandri Street © Visit Oradea
- Trail #5: Ulmer Schachtel © Donaubüro Ulm/Neu-Ulm
- Trail #6: Danube for the soul à Pannonhalma Abbey © Westpannon
2. Corporate purpose
Offer development, advertising and marketing for the Danube region and to accelerate regional development. Management, leasing of landing stages on the Danube.
3. Basic orientation
The aforementioned websites are independent information and presentation media with reservation tools to support and promote the aforementioned activities.
4. Content structure
5. Graphic work and design
6. Technical responsibility
7. Liability exclusion
Despite utter care during selection and presentation, ther is no claim to correctness and completeness, liability for the contents is explicitly excluded. For the contents of all the links that lead to sites outside of www.donauregion.at, no liability is assumed. For the information contained there, the respective service provider is responsible.
8. Disclaimer for tour tips
Kindly note that:
1. The tours presented for hiking, walking, biking and road biking, mountain biking, motorbiking, horseback riding, climbing, cross-country skiing, and going on skiing and snowshoe tours etc. are to be considered non-paid tour recommendations and only serve as non-binding information. We have no intention of concluding a contract with the users of this website. The utilisation of the data does not lead to the establishment of a contract with us.
The data may only be used for private use; any commercial use is prohibited. In particular, it is not permissible to offer the data on commercially run websites, file-sharing platforms etc. or to use it to develop commercial products. Downloading data does not imply that users are granted rights to the data concerned.
The tour recommendations posted were created with utmost care; nevertheless, we assume no liability for the correctness and completeness of the information.
We point out that neither the tour recommendations included on this website nor the associated data and information were posted by us, but rather by third parties (Art. 16 Austrian E-Commerce Act). We have no influence on whether the details provided (e.g. distance, level of difficulty, change in altitude, description etc.) are authentic, correct and complete. We do not review these third-party contents. For this reason, we assume no liability for the authenticity, correctness and completeness of the information.
Construction-related measures or other influences (e.g. landslides and similar occurrences) can lead to temporary or permanent changes in a route (e.g. loss of a bridge and similar occurrences). Such occurrences can lead to part of the route or the entire route becoming impassable.
The use of the data as well as undertaking (riding, walking, taking etc.) the recommended tours or using the network of paths occurs at users’ own risk and on their authority. In particular, users themselves are responsible for the choice of route, outdoor orientation, adherence to traffic rules, supplies and equipment for tours listed in Point 1 (e.g. bicycle etc.), wearing a helmet, estimating their own fitness, recognising dangers and maintaining an appropriate velocity. We exclude ourselves from any liability whatsoever for damages, in particular accidents, that occur whilst taking part in the recommended tours.
2. Some of the tours lead over roads with normal traffic conditions. Please observe that there is an increased risk which can be avoided by means of appropriate attention and proper estimation and implementation of one’s own abilities. For this reason, please travel a route that is unfamiliar to you slowly and with special care. Pay constant attention to potential dangers and always observe traffic. Do not leave the routes featured in descriptions.
The potential use of private roads, in particular forestry roads and agricultural transport roads, can be subject to legal restrictions, which must be observed and adhered to.
The normal traffic rules apply. Each user (e.g. biker, motorbiker) is responsible for adhering to these rules and maintaining his/her bike/vehicle and its equipment (lights, brakes etc.) in good working order. Each user is also responsible for ensuring that he/she rides at a velocity that is appropriate for the conditions and his/her skill level and for maintaining sufficient distance to the rider in front. We explicitly recommend adjusting velocity to correspond to the respective field of vision, wearing a helmet, using reflective clothing (or similar) and employing bicycle lights in line with regulations.
3. Each tour requires good physical fitness as well as detailed planning. We explicitly recommend only taking the tours in the case of optimal healthiness.
We recommend that you conclude an accident and liability insurance policy. Use an onboard computer that displays the respective kilometres travelled per day and is calibrated for the front wheel.
4. Special for mountain bikers – Fair-play rules:
Mountain biking is one of the most wonderful outdoor leisure-time activities. Whilst biking or on a mountain biking tour, mountains and lakes, meadows and cabins are re-discovered in new ways. A couple of rules for fair play in the forest help to avoid conflicts whilst mountain biking.
a. Pedestrians have the right of way: We are accommodating and friendly to pedestrians and hikers. Upon encountering these fellow travellers, we alert them by using the bicycle bell and slowly overtake them. We avoid paths with heavy pedestrian traffic altogether. Take nature into account: We do not leave refuse behind.
b. The braking distance should be half of the total distance visible: We ride at a controlled pace, are ready to brake and maintain a braking distance half as long as the total distance visible, especially in curves, because we always have to count on obstacles on the path. Damage to the path, stones, branches, wood piles, grazing livestock, cattle grids, barriers, tractor-type forestry machines and authorised vehicles pose dangers that we need to be ready for.
c. Don’t drink and drive!: Do not drink alcohol when mountain biking. Take care at stop-off points (dealing with bike racks, dirty shoes or clothing). It is obligatory to provide first aid!
d. Marked routes, closed paths and blockades: Keep to the marked routes, observe the blockades and accept that these roads are primarily for agricultural and forestry use! Blockades can often not be avoided and are in your own interest. Biking beyond the intended path and outside of opening times is punishable and turns us into illegal bikers.
e. We are guests in the forest and behave accordingly, including vis-à-vis forestry and hunting staff. Whilst mountain biking, mobile telephones and music players are forbidden! Biking requires your full attention.
f. Avoid unnecessary noise. Out of consideration to the animals living in the wild, we only bike during full daylight. As a principle, we always wear our helmet (even when riding uphill)! Don’t forget emergency supplies: We always have a repair set and bandages along.
g. Don’t overestimate your skills: We should not overdo it when it comes to biking technique and physical fitness. Take the level of difficulty posed by the route into consideration and make a precise estimate of your experience and skills as a biker (braking, bell, lights)!
h. Close gates: We approach grazing livestock at a walking pace and close every gate behind us. We should avoid causing escape and panic reactions in the animals. Nothing stands in the way of the fun and athletic challenge in the mountains and forests!i. Traffic rules: The general traffic rules (StVO) apply for all the mountain biking routes and we adhere to them. Our bike therefore needs to be in perfect technical condition and equipped in line with the traffic rules, including brakes, a bell and lights. We inspect and service our mountain bikes regularly anyway.
5. We assume no liability for the contents of external websites; in particular, we assume no liability for their statements and contents. Moreover, we have no influence on the design or contents of the websites to which hyperlinks on www.donauregion.at, www.danube.at, www.donauradweg.at, www.donausteig.com, www.donausteig.at, www.schiffsanlegestellen.at lead or from which hyperlinks lead to www.donauregion.at, www.danube.at, www.donauradweg.at, www.donausteig.com, www.donausteig.at, www.schiffsanlegestellen.at. There is no on-going review of websites to which hyperlinks on www.donauregion.at, www.danube.at, www.donauradweg.at, www.donausteig.com, www.donausteig.at, www.schiffsanlegestellen.at lead or from which hyperlinks lead to www.donauregion.at, www.danube.at, www.donauradweg.at, www.donausteig.com, www.donausteig.at, www.schiffsanlegestellen.at. We do not appropriate the contents of websites to which hyperlinks on www.donauregion.at, www.danube.at, www.donauradweg.at, www.donausteig.com, www.donausteig.at, www.schiffsanlegestellen.at lead or from which hyperlinks lead to www.donauregion.at, www.danube.at, www.donauradweg.at, www.donausteig.com, www.donausteig.at, www.schiffsanlegestellen.at.
9. Disclaimer for bathing places
Kindly note that:
1. The presented swimming locations and access sites to bodies of water are to be considered free suggestions and serve exclusively as non-binding information. We do not intend to enter a contract with the users of this website. Using the data does not conclude a contract with us. The data must only be used for private use; any commercial use is forbidden. In particular, it is prohibited to offer the data on commercially operated websites, file-sharing platforms, etc. or to utilize it for the development of commercial products. The download does not provide the user with any rights to the respective data.
The information we have posted was gathered with the utmost care. Nonetheless, we do not assume any liability regarding correctness and completeness of the information.
The information posted in the section ‘Sports and leisure’ was not posted by us but by third parties (§ 16 E-Commerce Act (ECG)). We do not have any influence on whether the information provided there (such as entry points, depth, hazardous areas, currents, temperatures, water quality, etc.) is authentic, correct, or complete. We do not examine these foreign contents. For this reason, we do not assume any liability regarding the authenticity, correctness, or completeness of the information.
Construction measures and other influences can result in a temporary or permanent obstruction or shutdown of the swimming location or access site to the body of water. In this case, their utilisation might be restricted or impossible.
The use of the data as well as the use of the swimming locations and the bodies of waters occur at the user’s own risk on his/her own responsibility. The user is, in particular, responsible himself/herself for complying with the regulations (e.g. swimming bans, jumping into the water in designated areas only, avoiding pollution, bans on open fires, etc.), assessing his/her own personal capabilities, assessing risks, orientation, etc. We exclude any kind of liability for any damage, particularly for any accidents.
2. We are not responsible for the contents of external websites; in particular, we do not assume any liability for their statements or contents. Furthermore, we do not influence the design or contents of websites that can be accessed from www.donauregion.at, www.danube.at, www.donauradweg.at, www.donausteig.com, www.donausteig.at, www.schiffsanlegestellen.via hyperlinks or that use hyperlinks to refer to www.donauregion.at, www.danube.at, www.donauradweg.at, www.donausteig.com, www.donausteig.at, www.schiffsanlegestellen.at .The websites that can be accessed from www.donauregion.at, www.danube.at, www.donauradweg.at, www.donausteig.com, www.donausteig.at, www.schiffsanlegestellen.at via hyperlinks or that use hyperlinks to refer towww.donauregion.at, www.danube.at, www.donauradweg.at, www.donausteig.com, www.donausteig.at, www.schiffsanlegestellen.at are not regularly monitored. Furthermore, we do not assume any claims to the websites that can be accessed from www.donauregion.at, www.danube.at, www.donauradweg.at, www.donausteig.com, www.donausteig.at, www.schiffsanlegestellen.at via hyperlinks or that use hyperlinks to refer to www.donauregion.at, www.danube.at, www.donauradweg.at, www.donausteig.com, www.donausteig.at, www.schiffsanlegestellen.at verwiesen wird, auch nicht zu eigen.